Research objectives and priorities
The research function of the Banque centrale du Luxembourg is an integral part of its activities.
Its main objectives are:
- providing economic analyses and research results contributing to policy advice on central bank responsibilities, including preparation of ESCB and Eurosystem agenda items;
- providing technical support to ESCB committees and working groups;
- contributing to improve knowledge of the Luxembourg and euro area economy;
- developing and maintaining econometric models and techniques to contribute to projections and to compare alternative policies;
- interact with the academic and research community through publications in scientific journals and conferences, workshops, seminars and research cooperations.
The BCL has set up a Research Foundation, which among others awards prizes and scholarships.