Call for papers - 8th Luxembourg Workshop on Household Finance and Consumption
- CANCELLED -
Call for papers
8th Luxembourg Workshop on Household Finance and Consumption
Organiser: Central Bank of Luxembourg
This workshop aims to gather local and regional academics, researchers, PhD students and representatives of relevant institutions interested in empirical research on the economic and financial behaviour of households. It focuses on presentation and discussion of research using micro-level and survey data on individuals and households. Preference will be given to papers using data from Luxembourg and/or neighbouring regions/countries.
We solicit papers mainly in the following areas:
- Household consumption, saving, and portfolio choice
- Financing retirement with ageing populations
- Housing, real estate and mortgage markets
- Household finance, credit constraints and implications for monetary policy
- Household (over-)indebtedness and financial distress
- Behavioural approaches to household asset accumulation, debt and consumption
- Financial literacy, financial sophistication, and the role of professional advice in shaping financial behaviour
- Household payment habits, consumer loans and credit card debt
- Household income and wealth inequality
- Household poverty and determinants
The workshop also aims to promote networking to create opportunities for joint research in this area.
Submission of papers:
Interested authors should submit their papers to email@example.com. Extended abstracts may also be considered, but preference will be given to completed papers. Authors of accepted papers will be notified. The workshop language is English. For previous workshop programmes please visit the website of the Banque centrale du Luxembourg at http://www.bcl.lu/en/Research/conferences/index.html.
Yiwen Chen, Thomas Y. Mathä, Giuseppe Pulina and Michael Ziegelmeyer
There is no participation fee. Participants are expected to cover their own travel expenses.